LarrysImprovPage.com Blog

I'm Tony Miceli, and I'm a vibe player in Philadelphia, Pa. I play, teach and I run LarrysImprovPage.com.

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Gigs around the world

So I was whining about a horrible gig a few blogs back. Some musicians got a little bugged with me, told me to shut up, not take gigs I don't want to do and be happy people are responding to the music.

I stopped doing that gig and picked up another Friday night gig. We played 3 sets, people sat listened and hung out at this beautiful Italian restaurant. After the first set we sat down and they brought out a ton of food. A nice gig.

I realized while I was eating that what the hell, that's not too much to be 'fed'. Not too much to ask for a little respect and consideration. People were pissed because I was complaining about these things???

I remember doing gigs in Germany and surrounding countries. We'd show up, set up and then sit down. The owner would come to our table and ask what we wanted to eat. If it was a bar with little or no food they would go out and get us something to eat. It felt good. We felt appreciated.

It takes little effort for a club to take care of the band and make us feel good.

So where are you from and what are gigs like in your part of the world? Forget the money part although I'm curious about that also, however I'm mainly curious about how you're treated, what are the sets like (4 hour gig? 3?). You get to eat? etc.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:22 AM, Blogger Tony said…

    damn, I'm not asking for the name and address, just tell me about the gig and what part of the world!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home