LarrysImprovPage.com Blog

I'm Tony Miceli, and I'm a vibe player in Philadelphia, Pa. I play, teach and I run LarrysImprovPage.com.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Naxos Classical Music Spotlight podcasts

If you're reading this blog, you probably know a lot about jazz...maybe not so much about classical. If you'd like to learn a little more about classical music, check out the Naxos Classical Music Spotlight podcasts here at the Naxos web site or at the itunes store.

In these 20-minute podcasts, the Naxos classical music label highlights their new releases and looks at performers and composers who make their recordings. So they're kind of a combo marketing/educational tool, and they're very nicely done. I've listened to several and really enjoyed them - in fact after listening to one on Mahler's 5th Symphony (which I hadn't heard before), I had to run out and buy the piece immediately to hear the full slow movement which is AMAZING. Ironically, the music store I went to didn't carry the Naxos CD, so I bought a different one. Sorry Naxos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home