LarrysImprovPage.com Blog

I'm Tony Miceli, and I'm a vibe player in Philadelphia, Pa. I play, teach and I run LarrysImprovPage.com.

Saturday, March 03, 2007

"I have acted stupidly, dishonestly, and unlawfully."

Thus spake the husband of British pianist Joyce Hatto, after it was recently discovered that he had passed off other musicians' recordings as those of his wife! As the story goes, she was dying of cancer and he tried to edit out her grunts of pain with clips from other recordings...one thing led to another, and next thing you know, he's slapping her name on whatever he can get his hands on. When she died last year, he had produced over 100 cds.

We might never have known, but for itunes....someone put in one of "her" cds, and itunes identified it as a release by pianist Laszlo Simon. Game over.

"I was desperate to finish her life, which had been disappointing in so many ways, on a high note," he wrote.

I'd call it a stolen note.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home