LarrysImprovPage.com Blog

I'm Tony Miceli, and I'm a vibe player in Philadelphia, Pa. I play, teach and I run LarrysImprovPage.com.

Monday, August 28, 2006

A Suprising Conversation about Aebersold CDs

I was suprised when someone was suprised to learn that I work out with aebersold CDs as well as band in a box. After all I'm 46 and have been playing professionally for years now. The reality is there's a lot of musicians my age that probably put on Aebersold and Band In A Box and work through stuff.

When I told this person how I used the CDs he said he had never thought about that. So I decided I'd pass these ideas along to whoever else found them interesting.

It's really simple. I use an audio program and change the tempos and the keys of the Aebersold CD's. Granted the quality starts to go, however you can still work out with them and they're still fun. You can easily get a minor 3rd up and down. You can also move the tempo easily to %150. You'll hear a difference in the quality of sound, but who cares. It's a great way to solo over the tunes in different keys.

Just thought I'd pass that along.

Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home