LarrysImprovPage.com Blog

I'm Tony Miceli, and I'm a vibe player in Philadelphia, Pa. I play, teach and I run LarrysImprovPage.com.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Pat Matheny unloads on Kenny G - Part II

Part I was the video Tony posted - see the March 2006 blog archives.

Part II - Pat Matheny elaborates: "...But when Kenny G decided that it was appropriate for him to defile the music of the man who is probably the greatest jazz musician that has ever lived by spewing his lame-ass, jive, pseudo bluesy, out-of-tune, noodling, wimped out, fucked up playing all over one of the great Louis's tracks (even one of his lesser ones), he did something that I would not have imagined possible. He, in one move, through his unbelievably pretentious and calloused musical decision to embark on this most cynical of musical paths,..."

What did Kenny do? Read the rest here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home